Monday, February 20, 2012

Photos!

Today was a gorgeous day out at the barn (70s and sunny - a typical Austin February) and I took way too many photos of Smarty while we were out for a walk. With the Equi-Pak on his feet, he isn't allowed to go out in the mud because it causes the material to deteriorate. With about 3 inches of rain over the last week at Bel Canto it was far too muddy for Smarty to be turned out today, so I hand walked him instead. And I happened to have my camera. 
Being way too majestic for his own good




Dangerous things can happen when a girl has a camera AND a pony.

I also put my saddle on Smarty for the first time today. It fits! I walked him around for a few minutes with the saddle on and girth tightened. Like everything else, he was totally fine with the whole process and wasn't bothered by my enormous and heavy (by his standards) saddle and my tightening the girth.
 
Tacked up! Partially, at least

2 comments:

  1. He is precious! Such a wonderful story! I look forward to reading about your progress with your cute new guy!

    equestrianathart.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete